Sunday, November 03, 2013

So it's been a while.

I started a new blog last week about my most recent studies (it's in Finnish, but feel free to head over if you wish) and thought it could be fun to update this one too. I mean it's only been 5 years since I last posted something! I managed to mess up the layout completely in the process though, so I had to fix pretty much every post because the photo placement was all over the place. Yeah, fun times. Good thing I was never a very productive blogger.

So, what have I been up to since I last posted? I graduated, got a rubbish job, got sick of the rubbish job but couldn't find a better one and went back to school. I 'm now studying Bio and food technology at SeAmk (Seinäjoki University of applied sciences), it's really cool and I might write a post about it later if anyone is interested. I'm an aunt these days, both my sister and my brother have kids so there will be a fair amount of knits for kids in my future.

I'll leave you with a photo of my latest FO, which unfortunately is too small for the intended recipient and will either languish until I find a new recipient or be donated to some charity or other. The pattern is "b-1427 Jacket and trousers in Alpaca" by DROPS and the yarn is Novita Nalle and Novita Nalle Taika. Click: here to see the project on Ravelry (you need to be a member to see it though).


It's knit sideways using two colors, the original is not knit in stockinette but I think it looks better this way. I added a garter border to the sleeves and the lower edge of the body.

No comments: