Monday, March 17, 2008

Sock Wars III

I have signed up to do Sock Wars III, I liked doing SWII and I think this time will be even better! SWIII has it's own site, having to wade through the Yahoo-group to find out what was going on was not particularly fun. I didn't mind paying the 2$ membership fee, because if someone is jilted then the sock Valkyries can knit a pair for them.

I was thinking of using Tofutsies since SWTC is the official sponsor, but I couldn't find any local vendors. For all I know there's one down the street, but since I don't speak Dutch... I found some skeins on Ebay, but since none of them called out to me I ended up buying two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock from a1lorraine. I love the purple and the socks should not be too girly if I should happen to be assigned a male target. The colours are a little bit darker in real life.

My newest knitting project is an adaption of Sesame from Magknits. I'm knitting it as a bottom up raglan and I'll add a hood, because I have a new found love of hoodies. I'm using a very cheap acrylic yarn, in silver and petrol. I've knit 1.5 sleeves so far, not so much because I love knitting sleeves but because I'm avoiding schoolwork. The next two weeks of school will be very busy though, so I probably won't get around to knitting the body of the sweater in a while.

No comments: