Sunday, December 01, 2013

Christmas knitting '13

I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't done any Christmas knitting this year and with a full course load I probably won't have time to knit anything big/personalized for anyone. So I dug some leftover yarn from my stash and tried out a 'design' that has been bouncing around in my head for a while. It's a star shaped Christmas ornament knitted in the round and shaped with increases/decreases and short rows. This is the first draft, I still need to work out some kinks. The photo is of the 'decrease side', I didn't think to take a photo of the 'increase side.'


I'll post the pattern once I've worked out all the kinks (basically just need to figure out which decrease and increase to use). I think this'll make a good (last minute) present because it only takes a few hours to knit and it can be made from leftover yarn (my budget doesn't really allow for any new yarn right now). I might knit a pillow-sized one for my sister's birthday next year, she loves stars!

No comments: